Articles Tagged: filler injections
Posted on July 15, 2020 by Ella Fedonenko
Choosing the best dermal filler can be difficult – there’s considerable overlap between the various products, and this isn’t helped by somewhat confusing marketing messages.
Available fillers fall into three leading product families – Restylane, Juvederm, and Sculptra Aesthetic. Each family contains several different products, each optimized for use in a particular situation.
Here’s a summary of the problems that can be addressed using dermal fillers, and our recommendation on the best dermal filler to use in each situation.
Fine Line Removal
Fine lines require subtle correction – The thin hyaluronic acid-based fillers are specifically designed to help address these superficial lines, particularly Restylane Silk and Juvederm Volbella. Restylane Silk is particularly adapted to smoothing fine lines around the mouth.
Deeper Line and Fold Removal
Several alternatives are available to address deeper lines or skin folds (particularly those around the nose). Restylane family products include Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, and Restylane Defyne; Juvederm family products include Juvederm XC, Juvederm Ultra XC, and Juvederm Vollure XC.
In addition to these products, variants are also available that include Lidocaine, especially useful when treating the extra-sensitive areas around the nose.
Depending on whether you’re looking for a subtle enhancement to your lips’ size or shape, or if you’re going for more aggressive changes, there are several available products. Juvederm is suitable for adding volume, while Juvederm Volbella and Restylane Silk can be used to crispen and add definition around the edges of the lips.
Juvederm Ultra XC can be used to achieve more substantial changes, while Restylane and Restylane-L (with Lidocaine) are also available when additional support is needed.
The recently-approved Restylane Kysse product has the potential to be a cost-effective way to add lip volume while also remaining flexible and natural-looking.
Restoring Lost Volume
Compensating for lost volume requires the use of a thicker filler, perhaps also including the ability to stimulate the natural production of collagen by the body to augment the filler’s effect.
Restylane Lyft and Juvederm Voluma XC are intended for deep injection in the cheek area and are the go-to solutions for age-related volume loss and sagging tissue.
Sculptra Aesthetic also provides an effective solution to hollowed-out facial areas and is especially effective at stimulating collagen production over the long-term.
Correcting Saggy Skin
Although it depends on the degree and amount that your skin is sagging, Juvederm Voluma and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC can be used to compensate for missing volume while also providing lift.
Improving Facial Definition
For cases where the loss of cheek volume is the problem, Restylane, Restylane, Lyft, Juvederm Ultra Plus, or Juvederm Voluma can add needed definition.
Your Laser Skin Care
Your Laser Skin Care can provide you with advice on the best ways to use and combine different dermal filler products, giving you the most effective and cost-effective way to achieve your cosmetic goals. We have extensive experience providing dermal fillers, as well as a host of other non-invasive cosmetic procedures. Call us at (323) 525-1516 to schedule a free consultation, or visit us online for more information.
Posted on January 21, 2019 by Ella Fedonenko
Lip fillers are a very popular way to change the appearance of one’s lips, typically by increasing their fullness. As with all cosmetic procedures, it’s wise to do your homework first, by researching the pros and cons associated with the procedure.
Here is our list of things you should pay special attention to before deciding to go ahead with the procedure.
1. Lip fillers are made from hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid-based products have many advantages – they typically last longer, and their effects can be reversed if necessary.
2. Perhaps the hardest thing is deciding how far to go in enhancing your lips. We’d council being conservative – it’s important to maintain a natural look.
3. Your doctor should be prepared to recommend the exact filler that will give you the best results. If you choose wisely, your doctor will have a wealth of experience to draw upon and will give you valuable advice on how to get the best results while still looking natural.
4. Your body will slowly absorb the filler, but the benefits should last from six months to a year or more. Thinner people absorb fillers faster.
5. It’s best to plan on enhancing your lips gradually, over several sessions. This is especially true if you want to go from naturally thin lips to a very full look.
6. To prepare for the procedure avoid taking aspirin, fish oil, multivitamins, vitamin E, or anti-inflammatory drugs the week before your procedure. They will thin your blood and increase the chances of bruising after the procedure. Likewise avoiding alcohol or coffee the day before and after the procedure will minimize the chance of swelling. You should also avoid exercising the day of the procedure.
7. If you’re prone to cold sores, take preventive medication two days before the procedure as the filler injections could trigger cold sores.
8. The procedure is very quick, normally less than 30 minutes. Although lip fillers contain numbing agents you should prepare for some discomfort, as the upper lip is a very sensitive area.
9. Some bruising and swelling after the procedure is natural. Applying ice can help. After around 24 to 48 hours you should see the final results. Once any swelling has subsided your lips should feel like normal again.
10. Check your doctor’s experience and reputation before deciding on where to have the procedure done. Your lips are a very sensitive area with many blood vessels, so choosing someone with solid experience is a must.
Los Angeles Lip Fillers
Your Laser Skin Care in Los Angeles specializes in Botox and Fillers injections, laser hair removal, vein therapy, chemical peels and IPL among many other services. Please call us at (323) 525-1516 or visit us online at www.yourlaserskincare.com to schedule a free consultation.
Posted on April 19, 2017 by Ella Fedonenko
Although Botox treatments continue to be the most commonly chosen cosmetic injections, dermal fillers are becoming more popular in recent years. Selecting the right option for your skincare needs is very important, but the differences between the two treatments can be confusing. These two types of products work in completely different ways and they are often used together for best results. (more…)
Posted on November 21, 2016 by Ella Fedonenko
Botox is a great way to make sure that you look your very best for all of your upcoming Thanksgiving festivities.
One of the things that we love about Botox is its versatility. Botox can be used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles in the forehead, between the brows, and at the corners of the eyes. But it’s also a great way to lift the brow without surgery, reduce excess sweating, or just look a little younger and fresher at Thanksgiving dinner. We also love how long-lasting Botox is. Most of our patients see results for about 4 months after a Botox treatment. That means that one injection will keep you looking refreshed throughout the holiday season and into the new year. (more…)