Articles Tagged: filler injections
Posted on January 21, 2019 by Ella Fedonenko
Lip fillers are a very popular way to change the appearance of one’s lips, typically by increasing their fullness. As with all cosmetic procedures, it’s wise to do your homework first, by researching the pros and cons associated with the procedure.
Here is our list of things you should pay special attention to before deciding to go ahead with the procedure.
1. Lip fillers are made from hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid-based products have many advantages – they typically last longer, and their effects can be reversed if necessary.
2. Perhaps the hardest thing is deciding how far to go in enhancing your lips. We’d council being conservative – it’s important to maintain a natural look.
3. Your doctor should be prepared to recommend the exact filler that will give you the best results. If you choose wisely, your doctor will have a wealth of experience to draw upon and will give you valuable advice on how to get the best results while still looking natural.
4. Your body will slowly absorb the filler, but the benefits should last from six months to a year or more. Thinner people absorb fillers faster.
5. It’s best to plan on enhancing your lips gradually, over several sessions. This is especially true if you want to go from naturally thin lips to a very full look.
6. To prepare for the procedure avoid taking aspirin, fish oil, multivitamins, vitamin E, or anti-inflammatory drugs the week before your procedure. They will thin your blood and increase the chances of bruising after the procedure. Likewise avoiding alcohol or coffee the day before and after the procedure will minimize the chance of swelling. You should also avoid exercising the day of the procedure.
7. If you’re prone to cold sores, take preventive medication two days before the procedure as the filler injections could trigger cold sores.
8. The procedure is very quick, normally less than 30 minutes. Although lip fillers contain numbing agents you should prepare for some discomfort, as the upper lip is a very sensitive area.
9. Some bruising and swelling after the procedure is natural. Applying ice can help. After around 24 to 48 hours you should see the final results. Once any swelling has subsided your lips should feel like normal again.
10. Check your doctor’s experience and reputation before deciding on where to have the procedure done. Your lips are a very sensitive area with many blood vessels, so choosing someone with solid experience is a must.
Los Angeles Lip Fillers
Your Laser Skin Care in Los Angeles specializes in Botox and Fillers injections, laser hair removal, vein therapy, chemical peels and IPL among many other services. Please call us at (323) 525-1516 or visit us online at www.yourlaserskincare.com to schedule a free consultation.
Posted on April 19, 2017 by Ella Fedonenko
Although Botox treatments continue to be the most commonly chosen cosmetic injections, dermal fillers are becoming more popular in recent years. Selecting the right option for your skincare needs is very important, but the differences between the two treatments can be confusing. These two types of products work in completely different ways and they are often used together for best results. (more…)
Posted on November 21, 2016 by Ella Fedonenko
Botox is a great way to make sure that you look your very best for all of your upcoming Thanksgiving festivities.
One of the things that we love about Botox is its versatility. Botox can be used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles in the forehead, between the brows, and at the corners of the eyes. But it’s also a great way to lift the brow without surgery, reduce excess sweating, or just look a little younger and fresher at Thanksgiving dinner. We also love how long-lasting Botox is. Most of our patients see results for about 4 months after a Botox treatment. That means that one injection will keep you looking refreshed throughout the holiday season and into the new year. (more…)