Botox® In Los Angeles
Los Angeles Botox, synonymous with glamour and elegance, is one of the top destinations in the world for advanced cosmetic procedures. The iconic Hollywood sign evokes images of everlasting beauty and style. Botox ® undoubtedly remains the star of the show, mainly because of its longstanding safety profile, dramatic real-time results, and diverse clinical and cosmetic applications. Botox ® has established itself as the world’s number one non-surgical cosmetic procedure since its introduction into cosmetic practice in 1981.
Transformative results can be achieved by applying Botox injections into specific facial muscles, temporarily paralyzing them, and causing a wrinkle-erasing effect. Here at our clinic in Los Angeles, we offer our patients a wide variety of options for their cosmetic needs. Due to the high rates of success and minimal downtimes, Botox injections are certainly our most popular cosmetic procedures and are sought after by women and men of all ages. It is reported that almost 3 million people worldwide have been injected with Botox ®, and 87-90% have reported amelioration of wrinkles in less than a week. Some patients report dramatic visible results in as little as 3 days of Botox injections with minimal to no discomfort.
Cosmetic Botox® is indeed a leader in the rejuvenation revolution and is instrumental in transforming cosmetic clinical practice like no other non-surgical procedure.
That being said, it’s important to have realistic expectations and be properly informed about expected results and potential side effects. Feel free to discuss any concerns you have regarding your ‘problem zones’ before treatment so that our physician can establish a dosage regimen and is aware of your concerns.
How Botox Treatments Impact Wrinkles
Botox injections were FDA approved in 2002, where the cosmetic indications include ‘prevention and treatment of moderate to severe dynamic wrinkles and cessation of excessive sweating’. Dynamic wrinkles, also known as ‘wrinkles in motion’, develop slowly over time due to the constant contraction and relaxation of facial muscles, also known as ‘muscles of facial expression’. Botulinum toxin injection is particularly effective in managing moderate to severe crow’s feet and frown lines between adults’ foreheads. Static wrinkles, or ‘wrinkles at rest’, are more difficult to treat as they involve the deeper facial muscles, but clinical observations demonstrate that regular applications of Botox injections can prevent wrinkles in motion from becoming the more stubborn wrinkles at rest. This novel and emerging trend in cosmetic Botox ® can be viewed as a preventative measure applicable to a younger population.
Wrinkles are Formed Due to These Three Reasons:
- Gravity lines
- Sleep lines
- Muscle contraction
Botox ® will remove wrinkles that were formed due to repetitive muscle contractions.
Cosmetic Botox – What It Can Treat & Bonus Benefits
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Skin Above Eyebrows
- Crow’s Feet – Wrinkles around the corner of the eyes
- Vertical forehead lines (Glabellar ‘frown’ lines)
- The skin around the nose
- Gummy Smile
- Periorbital folds (crow’s feet around the eyes or squint lines
- Eyebrow elevation or a chemical ‘brow lift’
- Jawline slimming
- Nasoglabellar lines (known as nasal scrunch or bunny lines)
- Upper lip lines (smoker’s lips)
- Lower lip lines (marionette lines or sad lines)
- Chin lines (chin dimpling or mental creases)
- Necklines (platysmal bands or ‘turkey neck’)
- Excessive sweating (primary hyperhidrosis)
- Palms (hyperhidrosis)
- An adjuvant treatment, non-invasive laser or light-based rejuvenation, and facial contouring modalities such as Kybella, Juvederm, and other injectables.
Areas Botox Doesn’t Treat
- Plastic Surgery
- Botox is not a surgical facelift
Botox is often combined with other cosmetic procedures. Many patients choose to have dermal fillers, chemical peels, Restylane, or laser skin resurfacing done in addition to Botox injections. Combining treatments allows different issues to be treated concurrently and can allow for more comprehensive improvements to be achieved in the shortest time and with minimal disruption. We can advise you on the quickest and safest way to achieve your cosmetic goals.
The Science Behind Botox Injections
Botox is derived from a bacterium known as Clostridium botulinum. Neurotoxin A, also known as botulinum toxin (BTX), is extracted, purified, and vacuum-dried to create the final product known as Botox® for cosmetic use. After our physician mapped out the facial muscles that require treatment, Botox® is injected directly into the hyperactive muscle. BTX will cause a temporary flaccid paralysis (lack of contraction) of the muscle within 48-96 hours. The resulting relaxation will cause a wrinkle-smoothening effect and give the patient a calmer appearance. Peak maximum effect can be expected in about 1-2 weeks.
The Botox Procedure
After our physician decides on a proper treatment regimen, you will be asked to sign a consent form before the botox treatment procedure. A semi-reclining position with an elevated upper body is preferred, or a normal sitting position can be taken. Ice packs will be applied to the target area, and a mild local anesthetic (lidocaine) will be applied. Tensing the muscle before injections will prevent any unpleasant sensations and limit bruising. The required units of Botox ® are injected directly into the target muscle. Our physician will decide what area to inject and the dosage required for optimal benefit. Since the procedure itself is relatively free from notable effects and is rather quick (10-30 minutes for a full session), it can easily be performed as a lunchtime procedure where you can return to work immediately.
The most important aspect of the procedure is that you stay relaxed and maintain complete confidence in the experts at Your Laser Skin Care. Staying relaxed will make the procedure go much more smoothly and reduce unnecessary anxiety that can negatively affect the outcome and may even trigger an unnecessary vasovagal response.
What is Baby Botox?
When we use a technique that involves using smaller amounts of Botox to achieve a more subtle and natural result, it is typically used to target fine lines and early signs of aging and to prevent the formation of deeper wrinkles.
Unlike traditional Botox treatments that may focus on specific areas with higher doses, Baby Botox involves injecting very diluted amounts of Botox into multiple small areas. The goal is to soften facial expressions and smooth out fine lines while maintaining natural facial movements and avoiding a frozen or overdone appearance.
Post Botox Treatment Instructions
After receiving a Botox treatment, following certain instructions to ensure optimal results and minimize any potential side effects is recommended. Here are some general guidelines we give to our Botox patients.
- Avoid touching the treated area: For the first 3-4 hours after getting Botox, it’s recommended to avoid touching, rubbing, or applying pressure to the area. This helps prevent the spread of Botox to unintended muscles and reduces the risk of complications.
- Stay upright: It is recommended to remain upright for at least four hours following the treatment. This helps prevent the migration of Botox to unwanted areas and promotes optimal absorption in the targeted muscles.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercise: For the first 4 hours after the treatment, avoiding activities that may increase blood flow and raise body temperature is advisable. This includes intense exercise, heavy lifting, saunas, and hot yoga. Engaging in such activities can potentially disperse Botox and reduce its effectiveness.
- Avoid alcohol and blood-thinning medications: It’s recommended to avoid alcohol consumption and medications or supplements that thin the blood for at least 24 hours after the treatment. These substances can increase the risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection sites.
- Be mindful of facial movements: In the first 4 hours after the treatment, it’s advisable to avoid excessive facial movements, such as exaggerated smiling, frowning, or squinting. This allows the Botox to settle into the intended muscles and reduces the risk of unintended effects.
- Follow post-treatment care instructions: The board-certified medical professionals at Your Laser Skin Care may provide specific instructions tailored to your situation. These may include using ice packs to reduce swelling or avoiding certain skincare products or treatments for a specific period of time.
Are Bruises From Cosmetic Botox Injections Common?
The board-certified medical staff at Your Laser Skin Care prides itself on a low percentage of bruises among my patients, but because it’s an injection, bruises should be expected, and treatment should be done at least a couple weeks before any events to give time for potential bruises to go away.
Expected Anti-Aging Results and Follow-Up Sessions for Los Angeles Botox
As mentioned previously, results can be expected anywhere between 48-96 hours depending on dosage and type of Botox, the severity of wrinkles, unique facial musculature, and site of action. Maximum benefits can be observed in about 1-2 weeks.
The duration of the effects of Botox can vary depending on several factors, such as the area being treated, the amount of Botox used, and how quickly your body metabolizes and neutralizes the Botox. Typically, the effects of cosmetic Botox injections last between three to six months.
After receiving Botox injections, the muscle activity in the treated area is temporarily reduced, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Over time, the effects gradually wear off as the muscle activity returns to normal. As a result, follow-up treatments are necessary to maintain the desired results.
Experiences may vary, and Botox’s effects can be affected by factors such as age, lifestyle, and frequency of treatments. Consulting with a board-certified medical professional specializing in cosmetic procedures like Botox can provide more personalized information and recommendations based on your specific circumstances.
How Much Do Botox Treatments Cost?
At our Los Angeles Medical Spa, Botox injections cost $10 per unit. Our physician will decide how many units will be required to treat wrinkles effectively. An example of the cost of treating a ‘frown line’ is about 20 units, which is $200. Again, our physician will decide how many units are required according to each clinical situation.
Dysport® vs. Botox®– What’s the Difference?
Botox® and Dysport® are derived from exotoxin A serotype and, therefore have similar effects; however, they are not similar products and have variable potencies. One unit of Botox ® is equivalent to 2.5 units of Dysport®; therefore, care should be taken during dilution. Dysport® cannot be used in people suffering from lactose intolerance as a fixed drug eruption has been reported after treating wrinkles with Dysport®.
Our physician will decide which product is the safest for you.
Botox® Safety Record
Cosmetic Botox injections are quite safe, as demonstrated by numerous studies and clinical observations (side effects occur in less than 2% of patients). However, at our medspa, patient safety and education are our top priority, as is full disclosure. If you experience any unwanted side effects, please contact our clinic immediately and do not operate machinery or vehicles. Literature and clinical observation state that the following side effects can occur on rare (< 2%) occasions:
Immediate (24-48 hours)
- Localized pain at the site of injection
- Slight bruising at the site of the injection
- Flu-like symptoms
- Mild dizziness(a vasovagal response that is harmless)
- Mild nausea
- Dry mouth
Delayed (> 48 hours)
- Allergic reactions like itching and rashes.
Botox Treatment Precautions and Contraindications
At our clinic in Los Angeles, we like to exercise caution and believe passionately in patient education. When you come in for your cosmetic Botox injections, here are a few things you should definitely avoid or exercise extreme caution:
- Discontinue all blood thinners 1 week prior to treatment (e.g., Aspirin, high dose Vit. E, St. John’s Wart, high dose fish oils, and NSAIDs).
- Do not consume alcohol 1 week before treatment, as alcohol diminishes blood flow to the tissue and consequently hinders the efficacy of Botox.
- It’s better to avoid strong caffeinated drinks and beverages just before treatment.
- Inform the physician if you have received botulinum toxin injections such as Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® in the past 4 months.
- Reschedule the appointment if you have a skin infection at the site of the injection.
- Inform your physician if you have received antibiotics by injection or taken sleep or allergy medications.
- If you take any type of muscle relaxant.
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to any component present in Botox formulations.
- If you have muscle atrophy or weak muscles.
- If you have difficulty swallowing due to any condition.
Is There a Risk of Looking “Frozen” After a Botox Treatment?
The “frozen” appearance that some people associate with Botox results from over-aggressive treatments or improper injection techniques by an unqualified or inexperienced practitioner. In the right hands, Botox treatment should result in natural-looking improvements – facial muscles should be relaxed, and lines and wrinkles should soften, all without completely immobilizing your ability to show a range of normal facial expressions.
Choosing a qualified, trained, and experienced practitioner, such as Your Laser Skin Care, is your best way of ensuring natural-looking results. Keeping your expectations realistic and avoiding pushing your practitioner to be too aggressive will also help you achieve the best outcomes.
When Should Someone Start Botox® Treatments?
FDA-approved from the age of 18, and because it works as a preventative treatment, many people start doing Botox in their mid to late twenties.
Typically, Botox treatments are considered for individuals who have developed noticeable lines, wrinkles, or creases on their faces.
There is no specific age to start Botox; some clients consider it a preventive measure and begin getting Botox in their late 20s to early 30s. At this stage, Botox can help relax muscles and prevent the formation of deep wrinkles. It’s worth noting that starting Botox earlier does not necessarily mean you will need more treatments in the long run; it may simply delay the onset or reduce the severity of wrinkles.
Ultimately, starting Botox should be based on your personal goals, concerns, and consultation with our qualified medical professionals. Booking a free consultation will allow us to assess your unique situation and provide guidance on whether Botox is appropriate for you and when it may be most beneficial to begin treatments.
Can Men Get Botox?
Botox is more popular with men now than ever before. Men can also maintain a youthful look by reducing the fine lines and wrinkles on their faces.
When Not To Get Botox?
- If you suffer from neuromuscular disorders such as Myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- If you are pregnant or lactating/breastfeeding.
- Any medical conditions that have resulted in facial weakness or have caused an abnormality in facial innervation.
- If you plan to have facial surgery or plastic procedures.
- If you are planning for invasive-laser rejuvenation.
- Have cow’s milk allergies (this applies to Dysport® usage only).
Advanced neurotoxins have become the treatment of choice in managing signs of aging, such as wrinkles. Along with other injectables such as Kybella, a professionally administered injectable drug prescribed for reducing the notorious ‘double-chin’ (submental fat) in adults, Botox® results in transformative changes without having to go under the knife.
One complete session with Botox injections will take 10 years off of your face and result in a positive transformation.
We hope that through our informed Los Angeles-based clinical team and award-winning services, you make the right choice and begin your journey to a more youthful, confident, and empowered you.
To find out if Botox is right for you, consult one of our qualified professionals to can evaluate your goals and medical history. It is essential to discuss your specific situation with a medically qualified provider to determine if Botox is the best option for you.
Let Botox ® make rejuvenation a painless and smooth transition, tailor-made to fit all your cosmetic needs. Express your inner youth through our evidence-based treatments.
Looking great has never been easier.
Reasons Why Our Patients Love Us
- Medical expertise and experience: Your Laser Skin Care practitioners are highly skilled and experienced practitioners who specialize in Botox injections, ensuring the best possible results. Dr. Ella Fedonenko, a highly experienced and board-certified physician, supervises the clinic. Dr. Fedonenko’s background in cosmetic and internal medicine gives her a unique perspective on patient care. Her expertise and experience in the field help ensure patients receive high-quality, personalized treatments that address their specific needs.
- Comprehensive Services: Your Laser Skin Care offers a wide range of non-invasive cosmetic treatments, including Botox, dermal fillers, laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation procedures, CoolSculpting, and more. This allows patients to address various aesthetic concerns in one location.
- Personalized treatment planning: During the initial consultation, our staff can work with the patient to understand their aesthetic goals and create a personalized treatment plan. By identifying the client’s needs, they can often schedule multiple procedures during the same appointment or in a coordinated manner to minimize the required visits.
- Flexible Appointment Times: Your Laser Skin Care can provide you with flexible appointment times, including early morning, evening, or weekend appointments, to accommodate your schedules and minimize disruptions to your daily routine. Our staff is trained to provide an efficient in-clinic experience, minimizing wait times and ensuring that procedures are performed in a timely manner to respect patients’ schedules.
- Centrally Located State-of-the-art Medical Spa: The Your Laser Skin Care clinic features state-of-the-art equipment and technology, ensuring the highest standards of safety, hygiene, and comfort during your visit. We are located in the heart of Los Angeles, 5 minutes from West Hollywood & Beverly Hills, 10 minutes from Downtown LA, 10 minutes from Santa Monica, 15 minutes from Glendale, and 14 Minutes from Studio City.
- Reputation and reviews: Your Laser Skin Care has a very strong reputation in the Los Angeles area, with over five hundred 5-star reviews online. Numerous positive reviews from satisfied patients reflect our high level of service and professionalism and attest to the results you can expect.
- Patient-centered approach: Your Laser Skin Care prioritizes building and maintaining strong relationships with our patients. We take the time to listen to your concerns and provide clear and honest advice through all parts of the treatment process. We offer guidance not only on the best treatment options but also on the most cost-effective options.
- Ongoing education and training: Our practitioners regularly participate in ongoing education and training to stay up-to-date with the latest aesthetic techniques, best practices, and industry trends.
- Natural-looking results: We prioritize achieving natural-looking results. We’ve developed precise injection techniques to help achieve this goal and always take a conservative approach. We focus on creating natural-looking results and avoiding the various unnatural outcomes of the over-aggressive use of Botox or other injectable procedures.
- Comfort and convenience: Our clinic offers a comfortable, luxurious environment and is conveniently located just west of Los Angeles’ Miracle Mile, offering easy access for patients in surrounding areas. We also offer on-site valet parking.
- Aftercare and support: Your Laser Skin Care offers exceptional aftercare and support, ensuring you have all the information and guidance you need for a smooth recovery and optimal results. We are committed to helping our patients throughout their treatment journey, addressing any questions or concerns that may arise, and ensuring a positive experience from start to finish.
- Botox $10 per unit*
- Juvederm $750 per syringe*
- 10% OFF Latisse
- * New clients only
Meet Dr. Fedonenko
Dr. Fedonenko is a member of the American College of Physicians and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
She completed her Residency at the University of Virginia School of Medicine in 1998 and since then has specialized in Cosmetic Dermatology.
She obtained additional training in aesthetic medicine procedures soon thereafter, and the results of her extensive training and experience show in each and every patient’s face. She’s a doctor that can truly been trusted with your skin care and anti-aging needs.
Our location6221 Wilshire Boulevard,
Suite 102, Los Angeles, California 90048