Articles Tagged: lip fillers
Posted on January 21, 2019 by Ella Fedonenko
Lip fillers are a very popular way to change the appearance of one’s lips, typically by increasing their fullness. As with all cosmetic procedures, it’s wise to do your homework first, by researching the pros and cons associated with the procedure.
Here is our list of things you should pay special attention to before deciding to go ahead with the procedure.
1. Lip fillers are made from hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid-based products have many advantages – they typically last longer, and their effects can be reversed if necessary.
2. Perhaps the hardest thing is deciding how far to go in enhancing your lips. We’d council being conservative – it’s important to maintain a natural look.
3. Your doctor should be prepared to recommend the exact filler that will give you the best results. If you choose wisely, your doctor will have a wealth of experience to draw upon and will give you valuable advice on how to get the best results while still looking natural.
4. Your body will slowly absorb the filler, but the benefits should last from six months to a year or more. Thinner people absorb fillers faster.
5. It’s best to plan on enhancing your lips gradually, over several sessions. This is especially true if you want to go from naturally thin lips to a very full look.
6. To prepare for the procedure avoid taking aspirin, fish oil, multivitamins, vitamin E, or anti-inflammatory drugs the week before your procedure. They will thin your blood and increase the chances of bruising after the procedure. Likewise avoiding alcohol or coffee the day before and after the procedure will minimize the chance of swelling. You should also avoid exercising the day of the procedure.
7. If you’re prone to cold sores, take preventive medication two days before the procedure as the filler injections could trigger cold sores.
8. The procedure is very quick, normally less than 30 minutes. Although lip fillers contain numbing agents you should prepare for some discomfort, as the upper lip is a very sensitive area.
9. Some bruising and swelling after the procedure is natural. Applying ice can help. After around 24 to 48 hours you should see the final results. Once any swelling has subsided your lips should feel like normal again.
10. Check your doctor’s experience and reputation before deciding on where to have the procedure done. Your lips are a very sensitive area with many blood vessels, so choosing someone with solid experience is a must.
Los Angeles Lip Fillers
Your Laser Skin Care in Los Angeles specializes in Botox and Fillers injections, laser hair removal, vein therapy, chemical peels and IPL among many other services. Please call us at (323) 525-1516 or visit us online at www.yourlaserskincare.com to schedule a free consultation.
Posted on November 17, 2017 by Ella Fedonenko
Full, luscious lips are one of the most desirable traits in the world. However, due to age or genetics many find themselves disappointed with how their lips look. If you are one of these people there are a number of cosmetic treatments available to achieve more beautiful lips.
Many choose to overdraw their lips with liners to give the illusion of a perfect pout, but this is a temporary solution that often gives a very dated look to your makeup. Celebrities and beauty aficionados are increasingly turning to lip fillers as their means to obtain a smile that’s both sexy and attractive.
Our favorite lip fillers have hyaluronic acid as their main component. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the human body that has the remarkable ability to hold up to 1000 times its weight in water. Its impressive moisture retention abilities help the skin look supple and plump, and this ingredient is also incredibly effective at reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Patients who receive lip fillers based on hyaluronic acid are truly receiving the best lip enhancement treatment available. The results last up to six to nine months, and patients see improvement in appearance of their lips immediately. These lip fillers are also completely reversible if you are in any way unsatisfied with the look of your augmented lips.
Lip fillers, in general, work to soften fine lines and increase the volume of the lips. However, not all lip fillers are created equal. Before you seek treatment, you should find a reputable aesthetic physician who understands how different formulations of fillers can better augment the lips. At Your Laser Skin Care, we utilize the most advanced lip fillers available on the market, and with each patient we carefully consider their facial anatomy before augmenting their lips.
Your Laser Skin Care in Los Angeles specializes in Botox and Fillers injections, laser hair removal and IPL among many other services. Please call us at (323) 525-1516 or visit us online at www.yourlaserskincare.com to schedule a free consultation.
Posted on May 20, 2016 by Ella Fedonenko
Dr. Ella’s natural approach to lip fillers is what patients of Your Laser Skin Care love the most. See what the women are saying about their fuller refreshed lips.