3 Facial Skincare Tips for Men
Posted on January 22, 2015 by Ella Fedonenko
It’s time we stop thinking about skincare as being any more important for one sex than the other. Men should be taking care of their skin like their female counterparts. It’s perfectly normal to expect healthy and clear skin for both sexes. Also, the appearance of your skin is a good indicator of your internal health.
Having clear skin doesn’t have to involve a lot of time and effort. It just requires some minimal discipline, namely daily maintenance.
Here are a few recommendations for men looking to improve the quality and clarity of their skin:
1. Wash Daily: More studies are showing that soap isn’t the best for your skin. Water and soap will dry out your skin, causing cracking and possible infection. Many dermatologists recommend using Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, which is a non-soap-based product that doesn’t contain fragrances or dyes and is conducive for all skin type. You want a cleanser that removes non-essential and excess oils. If you prefer soap, try to find one that contains moisturizers.
2. Be Mindful of How You Shave: So what is the best way to shave? Follow these steps to avoid ingrown hairs and rashes:
- Find a single-blade razor. Multiple blades can increase your chances for ingrown hairs.
- Wash your face before shaving. This will remove any bacteria that may be resting on the surface of your skin. If you don’t, bacteria can get into pores that are newly opened with shaving and eventually cause acne or other visible signs of irritation.
- Apply a shaving cream.
- Shave in the direction of your hair growth, not against it. Don’t shave any area more than once. Use short strokes and rinse the razor with hot water after each pass.
- After you’re finished, rinse your face with cold water to close pores and to reduce inflammation.
- Applying a type of aftershave that can be soothing for your skin. Look for products that don’t contain alcohol and have a moisturizing agent like aloe vera.
3. Don’t Forget to Moisturize: Applying lotion to your skin following a shave is important. Shaving naturally dries out your skin. Applying a moisturizer to freshly shaved skin won’t cause acne either. It’s important to help the skin heal.
Your Laser Skin Care can help you assess your skin concerns and provide all necessary procedures and treatments. To learn more about our services or to schedule a free consultation, please call us at (323) 525-1516 or visit us online at www.yourlaserskincare.com.