Botox Injection Recovery Tips
Posted on October 6, 2011 by Ella Fedonenko
Botox injections usually require no recovery time and allow you to quickly return to your usual level of activity, but sometimes discomfort can occur at the injection site. The irritation is most commonly compared to a mosquito bite in nature. By following your doctor’s instructions and these tips, you can ease and even prevent discomfort.
1. Sometimes some mild discoloration can occur immediately after the injection. It usually fades away quickly, but if you need to be at work you can usually cover this up easily with makeup.
2. If you have experienced a little bit of bruising or swelling, holding a cold washcloth or other lightweight cold compress to your face can help ease the swelling.
3. Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the next 24 hours after receiving an injection.
4. Don’t lie down for at least four to five hours following an injection.
5. Although it might be tempting, especially if you are feeling achy, don’t massage the area around the injection site. Massaging can cause the Botox to migrate to other areas and may cause unintended results.
6. Your doctor will prescribe daily facial exercises for you to perform. These help to restore your natural range of motion and can determine which muscles are affected and to what degree. Perform the exercises as directed by your doctor.
7. Wear sunblock. Damage from the sun can intensify any bruising that results and causes wrinkles, which can defeat the purpose of the Botox injection.
8. Discuss with your doctor any additional medications you are taking and follow any advice you are given regarding these.
9. If your doctor suggests changes to your skin care regimen, follow the instructions given carefully.
10. While allergic reactions happen less than 1 percent of the time, they are possible. If you appear to be having an allergic reaction such as severe swelling, go to the emergency room. If you are having a more serious reaction, like difficulty breathing, call 911.
For information on Botox Los Angeles visit our home page at www.yourlaserskincare.com or call us at 323-525-1516