Choosing a Doctor for Restylane Injections
Posted on January 14, 2013 by Ella Fedonenko
Since the Food and Drug Administration’s approval of Restylane in 2003, it has been used countless times in anti-aging treatments, including:
- Lip enhancement
- Reduction of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – especially Nasolabial folds (which are lines reaching from the nose to the mouth), fine lines on the outer corners of the eyes (known as crow’s feet) and expression lines in the forehead
- Added volume to the face – such as the cheeks
- Contouring – namely the nose, chin and forehead
Various skin care centers in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills provide Restylane injections, but it is important to find a reputable doctor with ample qualifications to reduce the risk of complications. Though it is not common to experience side effects, some patients might notice any of the following symptoms after Restylane injections:
- Flu-like symptoms
- Tenderness at the injection sites
There are many reasons as to why choosing an experienced doctor is important. When administering the injectable (Restylane, Botox, or Juvederm), the doctor must know the proper dosage amounts and injection locations as well as provide you with a high level of care throughout the entire process. To ensure that you’ve chosen the right doctor, ask the following questions during your initial consultation:
- Ask about the doctor’s training and credentials. While a doctor may be highly educated in other areas of skin treatment, you want to make sure he or she is knowledgeable with an injectable such as Restylane.
- Ask to see ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures of previous patients to get an idea of the doctor’s performance.
- Ask the doctor about the amount of Restylane you will need to gain satisfactory results. Since every patient is different, dosage amounts vary. In many cases, patients need to return for additional treatments or touch-ups to maintain the results.
- Find out what you need to do to prepare for the treatment and what you can expect directly after treatment.
- Understand all of the instructions – pre and post treatment – to avoid complications. Tell the doctor if you are on any medications so you can discuss a plan of action.
In Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, Restylane treatments are very common, despite this fact not everyone who advertises Restylane and Botox is experienced in those particular areas. It is essential to find a doctor who’s experienced and knowledgeable in the Restylane procedure to avoid any risks or complications. Visit a few skin care centers to compare treatment options before settling on a doctor.