Cosmetic Procedure Consultations
Posted on January 8, 2014 by Ella Fedonenko
We have often suggested consulting with your doctor or practitioner before approving or receiving any cosmetic procedure such as Botox or Juvederm for example. Remember, the more you know the more you will be able to participate and prepare for every stage of the procedure.
OK, so what kinds of questions should you bring to the consultation. First and foremost, ask about anything you are unsure of or have questions about regardless of/in addition to the following suggestions:
1. If you have not yet decided exactly which procedure or product you want, this would be the time to get advise and direction from the expert. Talk about your goals or wishes and reveal what features/areas/problems you’d like to address. Be open, be honest. Your professional will do the same.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask about your practitioner’s experience and success rate in your procedure of choice.
3. Ask for realistic expectations about the results. Know what is possible and what is not. Don’t set yourself up for surprise or disappointment.
4. Ask how you may best prepare for the treatment. Are there any supplements, foods or activities you should avoid?
5. Inquire about levels of discomfort, if any, which may occur during the treatment and what precautions may be taken to minimize or eliminate them.
6. Discuss expected side effects, recovery time, if any, and what you might do to hasten the healing.