Well, fall is here again (albeit in varying degrees depending on where you live in the U.S.). It’s usually a welcomed change of pace for most. However, it also means that it’s time to change up your skincare routine from head to toe.
The dehydrating, sun-soaked summer season can wreak havoc on your epidermis, whether we’re talking facial skin, your scalp or anywhere else on your body. Preventing dry and flaky skin is the ultimate goal in order to allow your body’s largest organ to function properly and to look its best.
- Switch out your body cleanser — Upon the arrival of fall and winter months, it’s important to use a soap-free, moisturizing body wash rather than fruit-scented gels that don’t exactly keep your skin hydrated. Soap-free cream washes don’t strip your skin of its natural and healthy oils that regulate skin quality.
- Rethink the ingredients in your scrub — Reach for an oil-based scrub to help combat dryness. Your Laser Skin Care offers VIVITE Exfoliating Facial Cleanser, containing 15 percent glycolic compound. The scrub loosens the top layer of skin. The scrub can also be used a couple of times per week.
- Apply lotion daily — We aren’t strictly talking about your face, it’s important to moisturize your entire body. This should be done every day with a heavily concentrated lotion. Tip: Apply lotion immediately after toweling off from a shower. It helps seal moisture already absorbed in the skin.
- VIVITE Vibrance Therapy — Offered by Your Laser Skin Care, this lotion with natural ingredients brightens and evens skin tone for better skin rejuvenation in about eight weeks.
- VIVITE Daily Firming Lotion — This firming lotion helps reduce the appearance of dimpled skin. It contains 15 percent glycolic compound and can be used twice daily.
- Add to your hand products — Consider utilizing a cuticle oil during colder weather months. Sometimes your daily hand cream doesn’t remedy white and hardened nail cuticles.
- Invest in a heavy lip salve — Keep lips protected against whipping winds and dry conditions with a conditioner/moisturizer. VIVITE Defining Lip Plumper, though not a moisturizer, does help improve the appearance of lip volume while minimizing fine lines. Ingredients include soothing botanicals.
- Drink water — It’s important for your health but will keep your skin clear and hydrated in addition to using topical applications.
For a listing of all of Your Laser Skin Care’s available products, click here. If you have concerns about your skin and are curious about our skin rejuvenation services, call the Los Angeles office of Your Laser Skin Care at (323) 525-1516 for a free consultation.