Pass the Dead Sea mud mask: The beauty industry is seeing new faces embracing its services and products — male faces.
According to a new survey conducted by lastminute.com and highlighted by the Daily Mail, men are now more likely than women to seek out beauty treatments and procedures.
The generation of 30-something males have been influenced by celebrities who have taken male grooming to a new level, such as David Beckham and George Clooney.
These males who enjoy pampering themselves are helping to change the beauty industry. Spas are no longer a female-dominated arena. The survey revealed that:
• One in three men has a beauty procedure or treatment performed once a month to maintain or to improve his physical appearance.
• Only one in four women claims the same.
• A third of men would say they are “vain.”
• 33 percent of men surveyed booked massages.
• 41 percent of men surveyed made appointments for hot shaves.
• One in 10 received underarm waxing.
• 15 percent went tanning.
• 12 percent had their backs waxed.
• 16 percent had received a facial.
• 13 percent booked a pedicure.
• 14 percent indicated that they would book a beauty treatment before a job interview.
Taking control of your beauty and skincare regimen should be a priority for everyone. It is a nice way to treat yourself and to improve your appearance, but it also helps you keep close tabs on the quality and health of your skin. You will be more aware of any changes that occur (i.e. moles, rashes, coloring and texture).
Are you looking for ways to improve the quality of your skin? Are you concerned about skin issues that may be irregular? Is so, please call our Los Angeles office. Your Laser Skin Care employs the latest technology and research to give you the best possible results. We provide services such as Botox injections, Latisse, laser hair removal, vein therapy, IPL treatments, fillers, skin tightening and more.
To schedule a consultation, please call us at (323) 525-1516 or visit us online at www.yourlaserskincare.com.