Summer Skin Care Tips for Beautiful Skin
Posted on July 27, 2015 by Ella Fedonenko
In summer, thoughts turn to lazy vacation days spent soaking up the sun, sand and surf, and it’s easy to forget how to get healthy skin. But summer can bring with it a number of concerns that require care and attention. For beautiful skin throughout the season, follow these summer skin care tips.
Enjoy the sun, but exercise caution
You don’t have to avoid the sun completely, but using good sun protection is vital. If your skin is prone to acne, try a mineral sunscreen containing titanium dioxide or zinc oxide; they stay on the surface of skin rather than soaking in, making a reaction less likely.
Treat sunburn with care
If you do get sunburned, take aspirin or ibuprofen to decrease swelling and pain. You can also use a milk compress by soaking a washcloth in cold, whole milk and applying it to the burned area until the cloth warms to room temperature.
Reduce sun damage
Once damage has been done, you do have some options. Applying antioxidants just after getting sunburned can increase your skin’s natural protection against sun damage that can result in skin cancer. Use a rich body or face cream with antioxidants like vitamin C and green tea on the burned area within six hours.
Your physician also can advise you on additional ways to reduce damage from sun exposure. Possibilities include using a vitamin A derivative, alpha-hydroxy acids and chemical peels. Botox injections can be used to temporarily decrease the appearance of wrinkles that result from sun exposure.
Calming summer skin calamities
Along with problems caused by the sun, summer can result in some additional issues. Fortunately, there are simple solutions.
- To soothe razor burn, use a thin layer of 1-percent hydrocortisone cream to quiet inflammation. Stay out of the sun until the damage heals.
- If you’re a prodigious perspirer, try a clinical-strength antiperspirant, which contains the highest amounts of chemicals to temporarily block sweat glands.
- If you get sweaty and can’t shower right away, use a cleansing cloth containing salicylic acid on your back and chest to keep your pores clear.
- To ward off body acne, ditch the dryer sheets. They leave a coating on your clothes that can cause pimples when you sweat.
- Use an exfoliating body wash with salicylic or glycolic acid to treat the little white bumps that pop up in hot, humid weather.
Focus on how to get healthy skin
To keep skin healthy, make use of summer skin care tips like protecting against the sun and treating damage with antioxidants, Botox and other methods. Please call us at (323) 525-1516 or visit us online at www.yourlaserskincare.com to schedule an appointment for a personal consultation.