CoolSculpting is our latest procedure for easily and quickly removing the stubborn folds of fat that have resisted attempts through dieting or exercise. CoolSculpting is rapidly gaining in popularity and has proven to be a safe and effective non-invasive way to lose unwanted fat with minimal to no downtime.
Before deciding to move ahead with the procedure, however, you should schedule a consultation with the provider you’ve chosen. You’ll need to establish that CoolSculpting is the appropriate treatment for you, taking into account your prior medical history, the areas of fat on your body that concern you, and the results that you hope to achieve.
Your practitioner will ask you many questions as they determine if you are a suitable candidate for this procedure. Here’s a checklist of topics that you might like to ask them about – this will help ensure that you take maximum advantage of your consultation and that you don’t forget to inquire about any important topics.
Questions About the CoolSculpting Procedure
- How does the CoolSculpting procedure actually work, and how safe is it?
- Can you predict how successful the procedure will be for a given patient?
- What kind of problems (and which parts of the body) is CoolSculpting best at treating?
- How does CoolSculpting compare to other body contouring procedures, such as liposuction?
- How long does each CoolSculpting procedure typically take, will more than one treatment be required, and how much time is needed between multiple procedures?
- How much discomfort should you expect during the procedure?
- Can other non-invasive procedures be combined with CoolSculpting?
Questions About the Practitioner
- What types of CoolSculpting equipment and accessories does the practitioner have available?
- Has the practitioner been formally trained and certified to perform CoolSculpting procedures?
- What medical experience does the practitioner have? If they’re a doctor, what board certifications do they have?
- What is the practitioner’s experience in performing non-invasive cosmetic procedures, and which other types of procedure are they also equipped to perform?
Questions About Preparing for Treatment
- Should you try to lose weight before starting CoolSculpting treatment?
- What preparations should you make before each treatment (such as avoiding direct sunlight), and what cosmetics and medications should be avoided leading up to each treatment?
Questions About Recovery After Treatment
- What kind of side-effects can occur, and how long do they typically last?
- Should you contact the practitioner if any other side effects become apparent?
- How long before you should see some results, and for how long will improvements continue to develop?
- Are the results permanent?
- Should you expect to see any changes in weight after treatment?
- How important is it to exercise and eat properly after the procedure?
If you’d like to know if CoolSculpting can help you to tighten or improve the contours of your body, contact us to schedule your own consultation. And, bring this list of questions with you!