A 2015 Consumer Market Research reported a published prospective of popular cosmetic procedures from 2013 on and predictions of upcoming procedures and products through to 2019. With the global expansion of elective surgical and non-surgical procedures, industry experts expect continued market growth.
The report analyzes market segments, major geographic areas and market trends. Geographic areas include North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Rest of the World. Readers will find a comprehensive analysis of market growth drivers, factors limiting market growth, current trends, market structure and market projections for upcoming years. The report also looks at recent developments in technology, profiles of top industry players, and core factors essential for existing and new market players.
Some Noteworthy Takeaways
- The global cosmetic procedures market is divided into surgical and non-surgical procedures. The reigning top 2 surgical procedures are:
- Breast augmentation
- Lipoplasty (liposuction)
- Events that affected and will affect cosmetic procedure requests include:
- In 2006, the FDA reintroduced silicone gel breast implants which increased the number of people requesting breast augmentation procedures.
- Uncertainty during the economic crisis in 2009 impacted on the number of surgical procedures. Invasive procedures are more expensive and many patients rely on insurance coverage.
- Resurgent economy will positively influence the growth of the market.
- Non-surgical procedures, such as botox and laser hair removal, are booming in the Americas and Europe due to the focus on maintaining a youthful and aesthetically appealing exterior. Technological advances are helping to make cosmetic procedures less invasive and more comfortable which attracts current and prospective consumers. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reported that in 2010 Americans spent about $10.7 billion on cosmetic procedures. Over 60 percent of that amount was used on surgical procedures. Typically the number of non-surgical procedures is higher but they tend to be significantly less expensive.
- The market is changing with more men receiving cosmetic procedures. Popular choices are breast reduction surgeries, male facelifts, male brow lifts, and male tummy tucks.
Your Laser Skin Care in Los Angeles in Beverly Hills will be happy to address all of your skin care needs. Call us today at (323) 525-1516 or schedule your next appointment online at www.yourlaserskincare.com.