How to Ensure Successful Laser Hair Removal
Posted on December 7, 2015 by Ella Fedonenko
For women and men who would like to cut shaving out of their grooming routine, laser hair removal can work wonders. In Los Angeles, laser hair removal is extremely popular partly because we all want to look great, as effortlessly as possible. For some individuals, unwanted hair is more than a distraction or inconvenience, it can cause significant psychological stress, making it crucial to look for efficient, long-lasting hair removal options. Laser hair removal can permanently diminish or eliminate unwanted face and body hair for nearly everyone, provided you see a skilled professional with the latest laser hair removal equipment.
Your Roadmap to Quick, Effective Laser Hair Removal
To ensure successful, quick and permanent hair removal:
- Make sure permanent hair removal is what you want. Consider that many years from now you might want a beard or mustache, for example, even though you don’t want them now. If you’re unsure, opt for a temporary method.
- Expect more treatments to diminish light, thin hair, especially if you also have light skin. Your very thinnest, “peach-fuzz” hairs are the most difficult to target, but they are also the least noticeable on your body. If there’s significant contrast between your hair and skin color, and hairs are coarse and thick, they are likely to be eliminated more quickly. Discuss your individual skin characteristics with your Los Angeles laser hair removal specialist.
- Be prepared for hormonal changes: Hormonal fluctuations/milestones that occur throughout life may cause hair re-growth requiring additional treatments in areas like the chin, for example.
- Match equipment to skin type: Make sure your chosen laser center has high tech laser devices, and uses customized settings for your skin tone and sensitivity. For example, the state-of-the-art YAG laser we use at Your Laser Skin Care can be set to work optimally for hair removal on a wide variety of skin and hair types. Antiquated laser equipment, or using the same settings for everyone, can leave patients with blistered skin and other complications.
- Seek out skill and experience: Laser hair treatment is heavily technique dependent. You’ll get better care and the quickest, most complete results when you choose a well-trained, experienced professional and a laser center with an excellent reputation.
Body, skin and hair characteristics vary greatly among individuals, so see a Los Angeles laser hair removal expert for specifics. The hair removal specialists at Your Laser Skin Care can set up a personalized course of treatment for you at your consultation.