Improve Your Appearance with Restylane
Posted on November 21, 2012 by Ella Fedonenko
Aging is a fact of life, but you don’t have to deal with sagging skin or wrinkles when innovative solutions such as Restylane exist. If you prefer not to deal with an invasive surgery and recovery, such as those associated with an eye or face lift, Restylane injections offer you a quick solution for common signs of aging.
What effect does the aging process have on the skin? As the body ages, the production of Hyaluronic acid begins to decrease. This natural acid is responsible for providing the skin with fullness and suppleness associated with a firm, youthful appearance and when it decreases, wrinkles and sagging begin to develop in the skin. Repeated facial expressions lead to wrinkles, and over time, those wrinkles become deeper and deeper. Restylane injections are used to plump up such areas of the face and are most commonly used for:
• Nasolabial folds – deep expression lines that run from the nose down to the corners of the mouth
• Lip enhancement – thinning lips are also a sign of aging, and Restylane restores the fullness of thinning lips to create a younger appearance
Many skin care centers offer injectable fillers such as Restylane, Los Angeles and Beverly Hills being two of the top locations for the procedure. The amount of Restylane needed varies from patient to patient – so your doctor will be able improve your appearance with a few simple sessions. Restylane injections are painless and don’t require any downtime – meaning results are noticeable in just a few hours. After a consultation with the healthcare professional, the Restylane is administered into areas of the face in which you want to minimize wrinkles or improve firmness.
Some side effects might occur – but are very mild. Look for:
While these effects might occur in the first week after the injection, there are several ways to manage symptoms:
• A cold compress on the injection areas will minimize swelling
• Avoid exposing the skin to intense cold or heat – as the skin will be numb and it could pose a risk for injury
• Visit your healthcare professional for a follow-up visit
Restylane injections are a quick and easy solution for dealing with common signs of aging, such as wrinkles and thinning skin and lips. In most cases, results last up to 6-8 months.