What is Botox Used For? Youthful Skin and More!
Posted on August 24, 2015 by Ella Fedonenko
Today’s society puts a premium on looking youthful and healthy. People who look great tend to feel great, and that attitude shows in everything you do. Looking more youthful also makes good sense for your career.
For enhanced youthfulness, nothing beats regular Botox treatments with an experienced physician. Botox has been proven safe and effective, and it’s widely used to delay the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of facial wrinkles. Botox injections are used to temporarily relax muscles in the face that cause wrinkles, including:
- Lines between the eyebrows that are created by frowning.
- Horizontal lines, or furrows, that form on the forehead when an individual raises their eyebrows.
- Lines known as crow’s feet that spread from the corners of the eyes.
Although a number of treatments for wrinkles exist, none have proven to work as well as Botox.
In addition to creating smooth, youthful skin that improves an individual’s overall appearance, Botox is effective for a number of medical conditions. Conditions that can be improved with the use of Botox include:
- Lazy eye, often caused by an imbalance in muscles that position the eyes. The condition can result in crossed eyes.
- Cervical dystonia, a painful condition in which the neck muscles involuntarily squeeze, causing the head to turn or twist uncomfortably.
- Muscle contractions caused by some neurological conditions like cerebral palsy. Botox sometimes can relax the contracted muscles.
- Chronic migraine headaches. Botox helps some people who suffer from migraines more than 15 days each month.
- Overactive bladder, leading to urinary incontinence.
Botox also can help with hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating that occurs even when an individual is not exercising and the air temperature is moderate. Botox treatments administered by an experienced professional can help ease the condition.